Akal college of Pharmacy and Technical Education was founded in 2001. Presently, B.Pharmacy, M.Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology have been running successfully. The major thrust of B.Pharm. and M.Pharm. programme is to provide students with the strong insight of research, industrial training and skills in order to equip them for career in Academics, Pharmaceutical Industry and Research. We have organized National level Pharma quiz and INSPIRE Camp (sponsored by DST) emphasizing learning through interactive ways where students from various institutions participated. The institute has also inaugurated the state of art animal house (toxicology centre) and a bioequivalence centre as CRO (Contract Research Organization) especially for tying up with the industry for a joint venture in the field of research where the main emphasis will be laid on the development of new products.
- All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. File No.: 765-65-01 (P) NDEGP/99
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), New Delhi. File No.: 32-272/2004 PCI (S. No. 6/272 2012-2013)
- Committee for The Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA), New Delhi. File No. 1407/a/11/CPCSEA
Mission and Vision
It has been the first Institute in the Malwa region to impart value & moral based education whose foundation stone was laid by late Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji in 1920. He was inspired by the lofty ideals of the Great Gurus, who planned it to be a growing organization which would strive forever to achieve high degree of excellence of mind and body for the welfare of the society. Sant ji firmly believed that the dedicated and honest efforts should be made to fulfill and nourish the basic educational needs of the under privileged youth of the remote areas of Punjab. The budding talent in youth of this region should be supported and guided academically to facilitate their maturity to self reliance and an affordable high quality professional education should generate high employment potential. Sant Attar Singh Ji was a great visionary, a staunch patriot, a pioneer of education in Punjab whose mission was to provide education free from social and religious prejudice, liberal, suitable to the needs of the society, helpful in promoting creativity, originality and a sense of social responsibility and in creating a positive attitude towards life leading to the all-round development of students. Sant Attar Singh Ji laid foundation stone of 16 educational institutions and Banaras Hindu University (1914) was one of those. Various freedom fighters from this institute actively participated in freedom fighting movement before Independence. In resultant to that the then British government forcefully ceased this institute. After Independence, the institute was re-established in 1968 and now this has become one of the premier institute in this region.
To translate his vision into a reality, Akal Group of Institutions has been making excellent endeavors to achieve the following objectives:
- To produce young ones who, along with being job-skilled are adapt to the larger issues of life.
- To reach out to the less privileged and deserving sections of our society and lend a helping hand to them.
- To create world class facilities and ambience for advance level of teaching and practical training.
- To develop students as global citizens with conscience, commitment and dedication. .
- To continuously grow and become fountain head among institutes of technical education in India.
- To bring to the forefront previously neglected areas like ours in the field of Technology, Pharmacy and Computer Science by providing high class technical education to the people of the rural areas in particular and rest of the country in general.
- To strive for the deemed university status for our institutions.
We are sure that with a mission of providing service to society by value based technical empowerment through quality education and technology transfer, we will continue work towards fulfilling the philosophy of our institution of producing good disciplined citizens who would serve the nation and common man, particularly the downtrodden and to provide the society with good scientists, technocrats and professionals who would contribute creatively for national development. This institution has completed almost a century and has been successful in consolidating a strong foundation. Many miles are still to be covered. Our strength in addition to hard work and sincere efforts is the blessings of Sant Attar Singh Ji.